dna.reinyday.com - The REIN Surname Project
- Surname Variations (R*N*):
Rein, Reine, Reyn, Rhien, Rhine, Rhyan, Rine, Ryan, Reins, Reines, Rines
- Project Founded: 02 February 2004
- Test Results Last Received: 23 February 2018
- Site Last Updated: 26 March 2018
- Status: recruiting participants
- Project Director: Rachel Rein
Goals. The goal for the REIN Surname Project is to determine the various REIN lineages and to see how the various REIN families around the world are related.
Additional Objectives. Other objectives include:
- identifying other people who you are related to
- proving or disproving theories regarding your ancestry
- determining your ancestor's homeland
- finding locations for further genealogical research
- validating existing research
- solving "brick walls" in your research
Classifications. Unique Rein (and variant) lines will be classified by surname spelling, region of origin, religion (Jewish, Catholic, Protestant), and surname pronunciation. Despite the fact that this site is called "reinyday", which is a play on the phrase "rainy day", the Rein surname is usually pronounced "Rhine" and rhymes with line.
Surname Values. This project is for variants of the surname REIN, which has the following phonetic encoding values:
- traditional Soundex*: R-500
- Extended Soundex*: 6500
- Daitch-Mokotoff Soundex*: 960000
- Metaphone*: RN
- Double Metaphone*: RN and RN
- NYSIIS Code*: RAN
Surname Variations. This project is open to all variations. According to one researcher, "the REIN name was very rare until after WWII, when paranoid Jewish REINSTEINS, REINHARDTS, REINGOLDS, etc. changed their surname to REIN. REIN is a German word meaning 'pure.' Thus, REINGOLD would be 'Pure Gold.'"
Participation. If you are interested in participating, you can order a test kit for the Rein surname project or you can learn more about ordering. If you are unable to participate (because you are not a direct line male descendant or because you are uncomfortable at this time) you can sponsor a test for someone else or help recruit new participants.
Financial Information. The REIN Surname Project is a private undertaking for personal interest. This is not a commercial venture. No remuneration is received by any of the participants nor the project director. Participants are responsible for the purchase of a DNA test kit from Family Tree DNA. If funds become available in the future, reimbursements for testing shall be made on the basis determined by the body donating such funds.
copyright © 2004-2018 dna.reinyday.com