DNA genetic genealogy geneology genealogical geneological dna testing family history tree Merzlanovich
dna.reinyday.com - The Merzlanovich Surname Project
The Merzlanovich Surname Project
Goal. The goal for the Merzlanovich Surname Project is to identify which Merzlanovich / Merslanovich / Merzlanovitch / Merslanovitch families are related.
Additional Objectives. Other objectives include:
- discovering living relatives around the world
- proving or disproving theories regarding ancestry
- determining ancestoral homeland
- finding locations for further genealogical research
- validating existing research
- solving "brick walls" in genealogical research
Variations. All variations are welcome to participate, including Merzlanovich, Merslanovich, Merzlanovitch, Merslanovitch, Merzlanovits, Merslanovich, Merslanvich, Merslanvitch, Mrslanowits, Merslanowits, Merslanovitz, Mislenovich, and Mislanovich. Alternate spellings include Marcelovitch, Muslanovitch, Maslanowich, Marslanovich, and Merslanvitch.
- Status: locating initial participants
- Project Founded: 13 August 2007
- Site Last Updated: 21 August 2008
- Project Director: Rachel Rein
Financial Information. The Merzlanovich Surname Project is a private undertaking for personal interest. This is not a commercial venture. No remuneration is received by any of the participants nor the project director.
DNA Project. If you are interested in participating in the genealogical DNA testing project, please contact Rachel for discount pricing or learn more about ordering.
If you are unable to participate (because you are not a direct line male descendant or because you are uncomfortable at this time) you can:
- help spread the word and recruit new participants
- provide Merzlanovich pedigree information for your lineage
- sponsor a test for a Merzlanovich who is unable to pay
- sponsor a test for a Merzlanovich who is unwilling to pay (but who is necessary to validate a family line)
Surname Frequency. Merzlanovich is a very uncommon name. There is a listing at spoe-oslip.at for Franz Merzlanovich (shown right), Mayor of Oslip, Austria, from 1945-1948.
No one with Merzlanovich or a similarly spelled surname is currently listed in the Austrian phone book. There are 8 listings for Berzlanovich. No one with Merzlanovich or a similarly spelled surname is currently listed in the United States phone book except several listings for Mislanovich in Pennsylvania. There are 9 SSDI listings for Mislanovich from Pennsylvania.
The Hungarian genealogy database RadixIndex has two relevant listings:
- Ádám Merzlanovits, stonemason in Oszlop (Oslip), Sopron,
from "Industry and trade directory of Hungary 1891"
- János Merzlanovich, of Budapest, from School Reports 1910-1911
(District 2 State Major Secondary School for Sciences)
There are 149 Merzlanovich listings in the transcribed church records at familysearch.org.
Ellis Island has a listing for Franz Merslanovitz of Oszlop, who arrived in the US in 1907 at age 31 (born circa 1876).
There is 1 Merzlanovich listing in the Immigration Records of Argentina.
There is a listing for John Merlanovich or John Merzlanovich among the victims of the bombing of 16 June 1955 in Argentina.
Additional Information. To learn more, please select from one of the following links:
- About This Site
- About Genealogical DNA Testing
- About DNA Surname Projects
- About the Testing Centers
- About Public Databases
- Order a Genealogical DNA Test
- Contact Information
- The Merzlanovich Surname Project (you are here)
copyright © 2004-2014 dna.reinyday.com